Tuesday 7 July 2015

Fiances Birthday

So it was the fiance's birthday end of last month.... we had a belter of a weekend celebrating it!



He got to choose what I cooked him on Friday night - so he went for Scallops a la Delia


Those scallops are seriously good!  Seriously.  you should try them.  They've incredibly rich and normally reserved for Christmas.

Followed by Spanakopita and salad


I just love spanakopita.  So simple to make yet so darn yummy.

And of course cake for pud!  His cake of choice - courgette cake.


I made a lime cream cheese frosting to go with it.  

For his birthday I bought us a day at the spa - so we spent all day Saturday being pampered and then got dressed up for dinner at a new restaurant in town.


Experimenting with the selfie stick here - it's hit or miss whether we take one photo or 25 at the minute - grrr bluetooth!



I always hate leaving Pippa at home when we're celebratin - look at that face - she knows we're going out without her.

We had a quick drink in the pub next door to the restaurant first


It was so nice to watch everybody wander by.  It was a sunny day and Glasgow was out in force.  We never normally see the sun here so when it comes people are super happy

Our meal was just fantastic.  I had Calamari, followed by Seabass and we shared a side of lobster mac and cheese - oh my gosh that was good!

Finished it off with a marilyn monroe cocktail.  This is seriously good.  Almost as good as the lavender cocktail I had in Dublin.



It was a really fun weekend.  I love it when it's just us hanging out like this.  My favourite times







No comments: