As you know I'd been attending an advanced dress making course and had chosen the Colette Hawthorn as my project of choice. I didn't fancy a dress because to be honest I don't wear many anymore. And I really love the style of the top. Sleeves were a must. I have to say it was really tricky to get the fit right. I'm between 3 sizes, so I had to do a fair bit of grading, a bust adjustment and take in the side seams, but I'm pretty happy with the results.
I think if I do this again, I will make the collar bigger.
The plackets on the sleeves were without doubt the hardest thing I've ever sewn, but then I had a 'eureka' moment on the 2nd one and I realised exactly how to make it work. Funny how things just click eventually - that's why you should try, try again.
I've got a couple of wears out of this, which is a first for me as I've not really worn anything I've made yet. The fabric gets creased pretty easily.
There will definitely be another one!