Monday 29 July 2013

Six Mile Cake

The boyfriend is training for the Great North run in september.  I promised him that when he made it to 6 miles I would bake him his favourite cake - Hummingbird Cake.  So I broke out the kitchen aid on Saturday afternoon and here are the results...

There's a lot of ingredients in a Hummingbird cake.


Pecans, walnuts, pineapples, mango, bananas, oranages, passionfruit - before you even get down to flour and eggs

It's not hard to make tho - everything just gets whisked up together.


A orange scented cream cheese frosting and you're done!


Tip:  I'd leave the passion fruit out next time.  It just goes a bit too crunchy during the bake.  I love passion fruit taste tho so the next time I might substitute with a tablespoon of passionfruit juice instead.

He's nearly ate it all.

I'll have to think what I make for him now for when he makes it round the 13.1 mile course in September?

No comments: