Sunday 23 June 2013

Perfect Sundays

Longs lies, long walks and long lunches!  Can't beat it.

We started the day by having a long lie.  Zzzzzz.  Bliss

Then we went to Chatlerhault park in Hamilton.  It was lovely.  I love a walk in the woods anyway, but on a nice day, with the dog, even better.


Pippa loves a good adventure walk.

I love imagining what's in the trees.  Tell me fairies don't live in here.


They definitely live here:

But asides from fairie hunting we just kept on walking, and walking and walking....we did a whole heap of walking


and we posed for some photos


The headband is a new thing I'm trying out.  I like it in this pic... but Pippa steals the show - always.  Too much cuteness.

So after all that walking it was time to make a roast.  I prepared it all before we went out and put the chicken in the slow cooker.  It worked a treat.  I put some chicken stock, some red onion, garlic and some sliced lemon in with it, closed the lid and went off out walking.  Came home and the whole house smelled of gorgeous chicken aroma.  Yum.


This is a huge plate, so it's actually a big portion - tho it looks like the plate is half empty.  It was yummy.  The slow cooker really made that chicken juicy and tasty.  My yorkies turned out perfect and yummy stuffing and gravy - just makes a roast.


Cute little faces wanted some chicken too.... so of course they got some! She's so spoiled.

No comments: